The air-conditioned Water Bus launched by Marine Agency at Roads and Transport Authority provides a smooth and safe transit service across Dubai Creek. These boats have luxurious seats with ample space and features that make passengers, including special needs persons, enjoy their traveling experience.
Location, Timings and Fare:
- Dubai Creek: From Al Seef station to Baniyas to Dubai Old Souk -- 2 dhs per trip -- Saturday to Thursday, 7AM until 10PM and Fridays and Public Holidays, 10AM to 12 midnight -- every 15 minutes
- Dubai Marina: Marina Walk to Marina Terrance and Marina Mall to Promenade, 3 dhs per trip, Marina Walk to Marina Mall, 5 dhs per trip -- all operate from 10AM to 10PM on Saturday to Wednesday, on Thursdays 10AM to 12 PM and on Fridays and Public Holidays, 12PM to 12AM -- every 15 minutes
You can get a one-day ticket for all Water Bus services at Dubai Marina.
Dubai water taxi is a marine transirt mode that provides ultimate privacy and luxury. A trip on the water taxi can be booked online or by calling the toll-free number 8009090. When the booking is finalised, the water taxi will pick you up from the station you chose and will take you on a delightful trip across Dubai Creek and anywhere you wish. Services are available from 10AM to 10Pm.
Abras are a traditional means of water transport in the United Arab Emirates, and are counted to be one of the oldest modes of transportation. There are two kinds of Abras that you can employ while exploring the city: the motor-powered Abra, and the rowing Abra.
The motor-powered class runs to provide customers to move pleasurably across Dubai Creek sides, linking by that Deira and Bur Dubai areas, for an affordable fare. Abra timings are from 5am until 12 midnight, but Abra route 2 runs 24 hours a day.
- Route 1: From Deira Old Souk Abra Station to Bur Dubai Abra Station -- 6am to 12 midnight -- 0.59 KM -- 5 minutes -- 1 dhs per passenger, per trip. Fare collection made by Abra operator
- Route 2: From Sabkha Abra Station to Dubai Old Souk -- 24 hours -- 0.68 KM -- 7 minutes -- 1 dhs per passenger, per trip. Fare collection made by Abra operator
Rowing abras, which are manually rows-operated boats, are a common sight in Dubai, and contributed to shaping the traditional transit scenario that exists now in the present day. The following is information on the stations and working hours of the rowing Abra:
- Public Library Station: Working hours, 5AM until 8AM and 9PM until 2AM.
- Creek Park Station: Working hours, 10AM until 7PM.
The Dubai Ferry is a fairly latest addition to Dubai. It is operated in a number of stations - Al Ghubaiba, Dubai Marina and also some stations running through the Dubai Water Canal.
The ferry runs multiple times a day from each location, for an hour (frequency and times change often so check out the routes page for more info) it is designed for comfort with a snack bar on board and facilities for two classes of passenger as well as two spots for those in wheelchairs. It has both gold class and silver class similar to the Dubai metro. As the ferries are fairly new they are also very modern and stylish.
The ferry can also be hired for private use from the RTA on hourly rental charter packages either with or without seats installed. Contact the RTA on 800 9090 for more info.
The Dubai Ferry is a great option for tourists as it allows them to see the city from the sea and get a view of some of the most popular parts of Dubai including the Burj al Arab and the Palm Jumeirah at a great price. There are other options for this kind of trip but are a priced higher than Dubai ferry.
You can find more information about Dubai ferry timings and routes here
Enjoy a hassle-free exploration of Dubai... Dubai24-7 is a one stop platform providing tourist and residents of Dubai with wider options on what the city has to offer:
Things to do | Restaurants | Tours | Hotels | Events | Attractions | Deals | Transportation | City Info